1) Codependent recovery hinges on the ability and willingness to still the mind.
2) Only when we are able to observe codependent thinking can we correct our unhealthy thoughts.
3) Those of us who carry great shame will find it difficult to go within because when we let go of our external attachments we find all the fear we have been wishing to avoid.
4) Mindfulness is the ability to go within and find the silence which is the absence of nonsensical mental chatter.
5) When we use mindfulness we can find the seat from which we can reprogram the addicted codependent mind.
I remember when my therapist told me I was not crazy, but I was suffering from codependency. I was relieved as well as perplexed. I was not a drinker nor was my husband at the time. How could I be codependent? I had a big mouth. I complained all the time. I told my ex when I was unhappy. I wasn't stuffing my feelings or what I...