This information was taken from an amazing source called Realistic Recovery.
I am not sure who the copyright owner of this Bill of Rights is--but I am going ahead and reposting it anyway to help encourage all of my readers out there--to OWN YOUR RIGHT to BE WHO YOU ARE--THE MAGNIFICENT SELF THAT YOU ARE!
Adult Children of Alcoholics – YOUR Bill of Rights
- I have a right to all those good times that I have longed for all these years and didn’t get.
- I have a right to joy in this life, right here, right now — not just a momentary rush of euphoria but something more substantive.
- I have a right to relax and have fun in a nonalcoholic and nondestructive way.
- I have a right to actively pursue people, places, and situations that will help me in achieving a good life.
- I have the right to say no whenever I feel something is not safe or I am not ready.
- I have a right to not participate in either the active or passive...