9 Narcissistic Major Narcissistic Traits
by Lisa A. Romano
9 Major Narcissistic Traits
The exploitation of Emotions, Energy, Money, Kindness
Isolation From Family and Friends
Lack of Empathy
1) Emotional abuse causes you to believe that you are the reason other people are angry, sad, or unhappy. Narcissists cause you to believe you are responsible for the way they feel.
2) Emotional manipulation that is rooted in switching the tables. Narcissists violate you and then when you complain or address their abuse, they switch the tables and are angry at you for being angry at them.
3) Gaslighting is a form of narcissistic abuse that will cause the victims to doubt their perception of reality. Narcissists can also minimize your accomplishments, downplay your successes and or lie about events causing you to doubt your perceptions.
4) Exploitation is a form of narcissistic abuse that involves exploiting the kindness, generosity, compassion, empathy, and even wounds of other people for the purpose of maintaining emotional and sometimes physical dominance over their victims.
5) Isolation is a form of narcissistic abuse that involves gaining control over their victims to ensure dominance and control. At first, a narcissist may seem to love your friends and family but over time, they will begin to berate them, with the intention of brainwashing you out of appreciating their opinions. This makes it easier for the narcissist to become the number one person in your life.
6) Cheating is a form of narcissistic abuse that allows the narcissist to maintain their main narcissistic supply while at the same time, seeking other forms of supply through the cheating experience. Narcissists will also lie about cheating and if caught, will show no remorse for doing so.
7) Triangulation allows narcissists to maintain control over their victims by methodically positioning others against the victim of narcissistic abuse. The narcissist's main goal is to secure a narcissistic supply one they dominate at will. They will gain the approval of those you love and work with while complaining about you. They do this so to prevent you from being able to tell them about any abuse you may be suffering. If you do dare speak of your abuse, your friends and family will have already been impacted by what the narcissist has said about you making it almost impossible for them to believe what you are saying.
8) Empathy is nonexistent in a relationship with a narcissist. At the beginning of a relationship, the narcissist may have exhibited empathy, but over time you notice their attentiveness and attention is replaced by stonewalling, gaslighting, aloofness, impatience, rage, and criticisms.
9) Rage is common for those suffering from narcissism. The narcissistic rage is rooted in the perpetual victim mentality. The moment you do not behave the way a narcissist wishes you to behave, they will persecute you and seek to destroy you. If you dare put yourself before a narcissist, this will trigger their narcissistic injury and cause them to fly off into a narcissistic rage.
What You Can Do
- Limit contact with a narcissist or go completely no contact
- Get help from someone who understands narcissistic abuse.
- Stay safe and do all you can to block their number from being able to call you, change or close your Facebook profile, and do what you can to secure your social media profiles.
- Don't engage with a narcissist and use the grey rock method of dealing with them or simply SHUTTY SHUTTY.
- Learn all you can about narcissism and how your childhood may have groomed you for a codependent narcissistic relationship.
Lisa A. Romano is a Certified Life Coach, bestselling author, and YouTube Vlogger specializing in codependency and narcissistic abuse recovery. She is also one of the most listened to meditation teachers on the world’s largest meditation app Insight Timer. Lisa creates real-life tools to help people evolve past their traumas so they can live in peace, achieve success, and create harmony in their lives regardless of painful past events.
Lisa's work helps awaken people to the idea that what is wrong is not them, it is only their programming. Her 12 Week Breakthrough Healing Coaching Program takes members through three months of reprogramming. Lisa creates supportive, nurturing communities and then offers members access to healing resources like training videos and self-hypnosis meditations, along with weekly group calls and access to her and her team.
Psychologists, neuroscientist, as well as therapists, have participated in her online programs and hail Lisa's approach to healing the reactive mind as groundbreaking. Her programs are the blueprints she used to help heal her own life. Graduates of The 12 Week Breakthrough Coaching Program are able to advance their personal development training by participating in Lisa's Master Class. To learn more about Lisa's online programs, books, and meditations you can visit https://www.lisaaromano.com