Empaths and Narcissists Why They Attract One Another
by Lisa A. Romano
Empaths and Narcissists
Do you find yourself naturally wanting to help heal, nurture, take care of, and champion for others?
Do you naturally wish to support and assist the underdog?
Are you easily overwhelmed by sensory stimulation and need to often reenergize?
Do superficial people and conversations irritate and drain you?
What about your relationships? Do you tend to love too much and receive too little? Do you attract high maintenance type personalities that tend to default to feeling like a victim and are you expected to take responsibility for how others feel?
- feel the emotions of others and process the world through the emotional realm
- are highly giving and forgiving
- prefer smaller groups and one to one interactions
- need to recharge often
- are super duper nurturing
- are sensitive to sensory stimuli
- feel drawn to water, forests, animals, and plants
- attract narcissists and people with high victim-mentalities
- tend to suffer GI issues, headaches, body aches
- feel like they were born to defend others
The traits of an empath are awesome but as you can see, those of us who struggle with overwhelming sensory input can become easily overwhelmed. As a result, those of us who have wounds that have yet to have been healed can fall prey to the needs and negative mindsets of others.
Narcissists Can't Generate Their Own Happiness
Narcissists seek others to drain energy from others and because empaths ooze energy, they can become magnets for narcissists.
Relationship Tips for Empaths
- Define yourself and start each day asking yourself "Who am I? What do I need? What are my dreams, wants, and desires? How do I feel?"
- Be sure to spend time healing any wounds from the past.
- Stay anchored in the present moment trying not to become too overwhelmed by sensory stimuli and the emotions of others.
- Don't jump into relationships too quickly. Hold back that awesome empathic energy before you give it away to someone who may not be able to reciprocate.
- Hold onto yourself inside relationship dynamics, making sure others take full responsibility for themselves.
- Be honest about your needs first to yourself and then to others.
If you are an empath, know that the world needs your awesome energy to help stabilize and bring balance to the world. You see the best in people but because you may have your own inner child wounds that need to be healed, you may not always feel at your best. For this reason, be sure you PUT you FIRST! Heal those wounds, take time out for the self, learn to set boundaries, to ground yourself, and to hold others accountable for their own actions.
Empath, we need YOU WHOLE!!!!!!
To watch my latest video on Empaths and Narcissists Why They Attract One Another click below.
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE and CLICK the notification bell for a chance to win a YEAR LONG Membership to my Breakthrough Warrior Membership Site.
Lisa A. Romano is a Certified Life Coach, bestselling author, and YouTube Vlogger specializing in codependency and narcissistic abuse recovery. She is also one of the most listened to meditation teachers on the world’s largest meditation app Insight Timer. Lisa creates real-life tools to help people evolve past their traumas so they can live in peace, achieve success, and create harmony in their lives regardless of painful past events.
Lisa's work helps awaken people to the idea that what is wrong is not them, it is only their programming. Her 12 Week Breakthrough Healing Coaching Program takes members through three months of reprogramming. Lisa creates supportive, nurturing communities and then offers members access to healing resources like training videos and self-hypnosis meditations, along with weekly group calls and access to her and her team.
Psychologists, neuroscientist, as well as therapists, have participated in her online programs and hail Lisa's approach to healing the reactive mind as groundbreaking. Her programs are the blueprints she used to help heal her own life. Graduates of The 12 Week Breakthrough Coaching Program are able to advance their personal development training by participating in Lisa's Master Class. To learn more about Lisa's online programs, books, and meditations you can visithttps://www.lisaaromano.com